Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Attempt to make this not just a travel blog


Glancing quickly at my few posts, one would quickly find there is not much variety. I question what I should do to make this not such a travel blog? Well what are good mormon girls my age blogging about? their weekend trips with hubby, their 'new' style of jewelry, their child's dissipated 1st birthday party, their favorite great-grandmother's sugar cookie recipe, and their crafty beyond craft crazies.

Inspired by them, I baked a cake (from scratch- and loved doing it) for our roommate Callie's birthday and I've decided to post about it!

I'll be first to admit this is not an inherited recipe that's been memorized and perfected, it's google.com born. It was such a quick find that I noticed before putting it in the oven that the directions failed to mention how to include one of the listed ingredients.

With a little help from Megan to fluff up the grainy sugar powder (that's how it comes here) frosting, and Brandon as my 2:00 AM baking and music provider sidekick, the cake turned out excellent and everyone enjoyed it (at least that's what I was told)!

It's not nutritious but really delicious. It has the perfect amount of moisture, spice, and sweetness. Give it a try!

2/3 c. butter
1 1/3 c. sugar
1 c. milk
3 eggs
1 tblsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder

*Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately. Add the flour mixture slowly (dry) to the wet. Bake for the 30 minutes @ 350 F. Top with your favorite frosting recipe. (I made a buttercream vanilla frosting, baked two cakes separately and placed strawberry jam between the layers, garnished with chocolate shavings, syrup and strawberries)

1 comment:

  1. I always love a good blog recipe. One of my favorites to follow is http://www.ilovemuffins.es/blog/ I JUST LOVE MUFFINS!!! Lets make some soon.

    ReplyDelete